This period 3 of the total works programme will include a 139km extend of the line from South Wigston – Sheffield and is a continuation of the accomplished London to Corby electrification.
It will contain delivering will work for the overhead line equipment extension to Sheffield and Nottingham, route clearance to accommodate OLE extension, and improved electrical power supply to assist electric powered passenger providers to Sheffield and Nottingham.
Component of the electrification programme has presently been procured with contractor SPL providing electrification in between Kettering and South Wigston.
Rail infrastructure chiefs system to set out the most current wondering for the project just before inviting tenders for is effective at the close of this calendar year.
Network Rail will also be canvassing for tips on the most successful delivery technique to keep away from charge overruns that dogged past electrification assignments.
The up coming stage of procurement for the Midland Most important Line Electrification programme is break up into seven routes and involves more than 67 constructions.
• Route Portion 2 (RS2) – Wigston South to Syston 19.5km
• Route Area 3 (RS3) – Syston to Trent Junction 28.7km
• Route Area 4 (RS4) – Sheet Outlets Junction to Chaddesden Sidings (Derby) 15.7km
• Route Area 5 (RS5) – Trent Junction to Nottingham 13.1km
• Route Part 6 (RS6) – Chaddesden Sidings (Derby) to Toadmoor Tunnel 16.7km
• Route Section 7 (RS7) – Toadmoor Tunnel to London Highway 43.3km
• Route Segment 8 (RS8) – London Highway to Sheffield North 2.5km
Network Rail holding a Midland Major Line electrification market engagement briefing event at Satisfaction Park Stadium, Derby and on line as an MS Groups stay celebration on 15th June 2022 at 10:00 and 13:00.
Companies can sign up an interest by using the Eventbrite url by the 10th June, 5pm.